Wednesday, February 23, 2011

feeling good!

So I think the small changes I have made are already working! Not so much on the waistline but just in feeling good allover! I feel healthier. It feels good to know that I am helping my kids to eat healthier too. I NEVER feel hungry... yet I don't think I eat as much as I used to. I think I finally understand that all food is NOT created equal. No more 'empty ' calories for me.
My family has made some changes too and I feel like I owe someone an apology.
I'm sorry McDonalds. It was a hard breakup but it truly was me, not you. Your food was somewhat tasty, the toys were fantastic, but I feel like my family deserves better. I am sorry you do not see our car at your drive-through window a few times each week. You might have had to let a few workers go because of our absence. I know with our purchases alone we were able to pay a few worker's wages .... but times change and so do taste buds. I no longer get a thrill smelling fresh fries in the car. It is comforting to know that my food is now prepared fresh and I no longer need to unwrap it. And this may be hitting below the belt but sadly enough the kids don't miss you. I wish you the best but I think it is best for both of us to just go our separate ways, never to meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Breakups are SO hard. This brought a tear to my eye...which I tried to wipe away but got SALT in my eye from my FRIES! Oiweeee! Just kidding. The McDonalds in Delta has gotten less than $10 from me in the last 10 years. Hope the breakup lasts and MCD's doesn't pull your chain and drag you back into a dysfunctional relationship. I'm still working on my D.P. habit. It's been a much longer relationship than yours so I'm sure you can understand the struggle I'm having...but GOOD ON YA!

    ReplyDelete