Monday, February 21, 2011

TMI

This post will contain TOO MUCH INFO. Stop reading now if you would still like to be able to look me in the eye without feeling slightly weird or awkward. If you are a 7 year old boy I am quite sure that you will get a kick out of this post!
Floater or Sinker? Yes people, we are talking about POO. No, I do not have any pictures to post with this. Your welcome.
After watching the video (Have you watched it yet?! You NEED to! It will change your life!) It has been brought to my attention that my family and I are not getting enough fiber. I was talking to the Hubbs about ways we can add more fiber into our everyday diets and trying to come up with easy, simple ideas. After much talk this was his question to me...."Do you know how you can tell if you are getting enough fiber in your diet?" Me... "No". His answer, "If your poop floats." Great. I am so glad that he is such a fountain of knowledge.
I personally have never had a 'floater'. (See this was the TMI I was warning you about!) I honestly can say that I didn't even know there was such a thing! Now that's all I can think about. I MUST be a horrible eater to never have a floater! Not only am I paranoid by Fructose but now I am worried about not getting enough fiber too! This whole healthy eating thing has totally consumed my life. I guess it's a good thing. But my biggest problem now is that I know all this stuff......how do I apply it?! I have enough going on in my life: Trying to raise kind, healthy, happy children. Keeping a house clean. Keeping a yard up to Better Homes and Gardens condition. Being up to date on world events (thanks Star magazine). Volunteering at my children's school (ha, let's not kid anyone about this... I have been once.). Making the world a much prettier place through my job, which I LOVE! It's a lot for a girl to take on!! I have no time to make my own ketchup, tomato soup, or cereal! I thought part of the joys of living in the year 2000 was that life would be easier. But after walking up and down the isles of the grocery stores I had only placed 4 items in my cart. I couldn't bring myself to place anything in my cart that had the word fructose in the ingredient list. I was also on the lookout for high fiber foods. That was a little bit easier but then when you check out the ingredients that darn fructose would be there AGAIN! You would be SHOCKED at how many things contain it! So once again I am asking..... WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO?! Should I now add master gardener to my list of things I must do to be a good Mom?! I do have a big garden I began destroying last fall. Perhaps this spring I can resurrect it to it's original glory. I have been told by many of my neighbors that the previous owners were wonderful gardeners. Well good for them.... I make WONDERFUL cookies! I think our neighbors would rather have a fresh plate of warm cookies than a bushel of fresh produce, right?! Plus the Hubbs had high hopes of the garden growing into a basketball court this summer. I guess we will see how long this 'health kick' lasts.

1 comment:

  1. I only watched the first 20 minutes of the video and I, too, am paranoid now. (I will finish. I promise.) I'm also mortified by reading the labels of things on my shelves. Shopping this morning consisted of the following: grapefruit, ham, string cheese, milk, steak, red pepper. How am I supposed to feed two people for a week on THAT?! Seriously?! One good discovery today, however, was Chocolate and/or Saltine Goldfish have NO fructose!!! Sing Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete