Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Splenda. Not so much.

I have noticed that many 'diet' foods have no sugar, less sugar, etc. Why does sugar make you fat anyway? Is it just that sugar makes everything taste better so you eat more?! Whoever got rid of sugar and tried to replace it should be fired! They think Splenda is the answer?! BLEH! I don't care if it does save me 60 calories. NOT WORTH IT! I actually saved more like 100 calories because I threw out my cup of rice pudding after 2 bites! What am I going to do with 7 more? It would be such a waste to throw them all out, even if I did save $1.00 on them with my coupon. Maybe I could pass them off to my Mother-in-law. She can't taste anything anyway.
And seriously people she can't taste anything ....really. I am not just being rude.

1 comment:

  1. Peggy will appreciate your unpalatable pudding. What a sweet daughter-in-law you are. Sugar, because of its simpler chemical structure, was once assumed (without scientific research) to raise blood glucose levels more quickly than starch, but results from more than twenty studies demonstrate that sugar and starch cause blood glucose to rise at similar rates. This finding showed that controlling all carbohydrates is necessary for controlling blood glucose levels in diabetics, the idea behind carbohydrate counting. Many experts believe that eating too much sugar does not cause diabetes, although excessive calories from sugar can lead to obesity, which may increase the risk of diabetes. However, a 2010 meta-analysis of eleven studies involving 310,819 participants and 15,043 cases of type 2 diabetes found that "SSBs [sugar-sweetened beverages] may increase the risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes not only through obesity but also by increasing dietary glycemic load, leading to insulin resistance, β-cell dysfunction, and inflammation. And let's not even TALK about tooth decay...

    ReplyDelete