Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Every little bit helps.....

I am sure we all know we should be drinking LOTS of water each day. In fact we should be drinking 1/2 our body weight. Example a person who's weight its 120lbs (ha, I wish!) should be drinking 60 oz of water. That is about seven and a half glasses!
And wouldn't it be nice if drinking all that water helped us loose weight?! Well it's your LUCKY DAY people because IT CAN! Drinking water has MANY benefits: healthy skin, flushing out toxins, regulates body temperature, helps with our metabolism, etc. Brace yourself because it gets even better!! While you are drinking all that water make sure it is ICE COLD and it can actually INCREASE your metabolism. That means you can be burning and EXTRA 10-20 calories per beverage! And if my calculations are correct drinking 7 glasses per day at 15 calories burned (this is just an average) will save you 105 calories a day! Just think...... you could have a bite of a doughnut, or maybe 6 Cheetos! WoW! So glad I read my Star magazine today or I might have never known!
I am actually a water drinker. I love it! But I like my water room temp. I will have to try cold water for the next week and see if it grows on me. It would be nice to burn some extra calories without really doing much.
Cheers!

If you would like some important facts on drinking water, and to find out how much YOU should be drinking, check it out here:
www.diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_Much_Water_Should_a_Person_Drink_a_Day

3 comments:

  1. I love this new site! It is so funny and makes me feel good about trying to accomplish my own goals (fitting into pants would be a good start.) I love that you still talk about all the 'good stuff' you eat because it reminds me that it is not EVIL to eat that 'small' bowl of chocolate trifle after the kids finally go to bed! I will definatly be a new stocker of yours. However, ice water gives me headaches so I will stick with the luke warm stuff and do some extra lunges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with you on the room temp water. I don't know if I could do the "ice cold" thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me...ONLY ice water! I should be skinny after 50+ years of drinking ONLY ice water. Now what? BTW...change the font on the comments. My old eyes can't read this...

    ReplyDelete