Monday, January 17, 2011

Walked right on by.

So I know better than to go grocery shopping when I am hungry. I ALWAYS over buy and get treats that we don't need. But today I went shopping hungry. I had to. The kids were finally well enough to eat something and we had nothing in the fridge. I was worried for myself.... I'm not going to lie. But, today was a NEW day! I did so good! I walked right by the doughnut section! They smelled fantastic and I just kept repeating in my head...30 by 30.......30 by 30. Good thing I though of such a catchy slogan. Who knew it would actually work?!? I am proud to say the doughnuts did NOT make it home with me!
I was so proud of myself that I decided I should have a little treat. (after dinner of course!) I made myself an Oreo shake. I know what your thinking.....but hold on and let me explain myself first before you go rolling your eyes. I used reduced fat Oreos, scraped out the filling, and mixed it by hand! That's got to count for something right?! Little steps people....little steps.

1 comment: