Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Once upon a time....

Yes... once upon a time these pants, along with many others, fit great! And that time was not that long ago.

I decided to post this picture myself so that it will not be able to be used against me in the future for blackmail purposes. It's definitely not a flattering shot but I think it shows the area of concern quite well. I have a little too much 'love' in my love handles. Too much 'muffin top' above the cup. A whole set of 'spare tires'.....and well, I think you get the picture.
Many of you have been kind in saying that I "look great after having 4 kids." I know you mean that nicely (well, some of you) but one day I hope to hear the words....."You look GREAT!" or how about .... "SERIOUSLY?! You have kids?!" perhaps even...."You two could be sisters!" Well maybe I went a little too far with that last one...My oldest girl is only 5 after all. And who doesn't want to be able to walk into their closet and get dressed with 2 items or less....those two items being a shirt and pants. My daily attire now consists of a pair of pants, shirt, tank top (loose fitting of course), jacket and maybe some sparkly earrings to draw attention upwards. There is much to be said on the powers of attention grabbing jewelry!
I have become quite the expert on 'hiding' my flaws. But it would be so nice not to have to hide anymore! Not saying I wouldn't have flaws.....just that I wouldn't mind having people see them. I find that most people don't like perfect. And I still want people to like me.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've got two pair of jeans that fit me like that. I refuse to throw them out cause one day I will wear them again. One day soon!!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete